X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate usernames help

Hi

Please help....

I recently did a import from another vbulletion forum and everything went well until yesterday when a member said he could not log in, after checking the reason was that there was another username which was the same.

So my question is is there a way for me to check for duplicate usernames so i can change the accordingly.

Thanks
    Kirk

During an import, if a username is found it will be prepended with "imported_"

So if Jerry was there and Jerry was added, Jerry would be the origional and imported_Jerry would be the new one.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Run this query

Code:
      SELECT COUNT(*) AS total, username
      FROM user
      GROUP BY username
      HAVING total > 1
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Unfortunatly that will not work Christopher since the "duplicate" will have a "imported_" prefix.

Not tested but the following might work instead:
        Code:
        SELECT COUNT(*) AS total, REPLACE(username, 'imported_', '') AS username
        FROM user
        GROUP BY username
        HAVING total > 1
        Last edited by Marco van Herwaarden; Wed 18th May '05, 2:03pm.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I was under the impression that the problem is that some usernames *where* duplicated, ie impex hadn't worked like it should and he wants to find them.

Just finding the duplicated imported ones that impex found is easier:

Code:
          SELECT * FROM user
          WHERE username LIKE 'imported_%'
          Christopher Padfield
          Web Based Helpdesk
          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Yes you are fully right about the query, i also realized after my post that the goal was just to find the 'imported_%', since those would be the only once that could have a duplicate.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Hey Chris that did the job, thank god out of 1677 members imported only 5 were duplicate.

Thank you all for your help.
              Kirk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X