How to change the reply order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the reply order?

How can I set the forums to show the last post on the top on the first page?
    There is any way to do it?

thanks

Kenomajas

The last post out of all forums? Like a "latest threads" listing? That requires custom code. I believe there is a hack for this on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      The last post out of all forums? Like a "latest threads" listing? That requires custom code. I believe there is a hack for this on www.vbulletin.org.
      Thank you, but I think I didn't ask the correct question

I want to show the last post on the top. Just like here, you sent a post to my topic, and it was under my question, and this post will be under your reply. There is any way to flip it? I mean the first post goes down, when the new post are coming, and when you open the threads alwas see the newest post on the top. And the first post going down. There is any solution for this?

Thank you

Comment

Now the post order is

and I would like to have this:

Comment

UserCP>Edit Options>Thread Display Options>Thread Display Mode>Linear - Newest First
          AdminCP>vBulletin Options>User Registration Options>Default Registration Options>Thread Display Mode>Linear - Newest First

However, there doesn't appear to be an option to set this for guests. This may be possible with some code in the phpinclude template, but I do not know what it would be.
          http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Thank you.

There is no chance to set the "newest first" on the admin page as a default settting?

Comment

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

Thread Display Mode: Linear - Newest First

That will make this the default for new users. If you wanted to flip this switch for all existing users, you could do some kind of MySQL query. People would still be able to change it back to newest-last.

Comment

You can run the MySQL query from the AdminCP is you userid is set for $canrunqueries the /includes/config.php.

AdminCP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Queries -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Newest First

As feldon23 says users will still be able to change this in the UserCP options.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X