Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

This is strange - The forums are shutting down on there own. I get the message that says in the morning, when I get to work,

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

I go into the admincp and look in options and where it says turn off or on the bb and its not shut off, its says its on. Any ideas why this is going on?

The picture is showing that my settings are turned on - not off and the forums should be on not off.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -peace-; Wed 18th May '05, 6:30am.

Do you have any hack installed? Thinking about maybe the Backup hack from vb.org?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I have many many hacks installed, whats up with the backup hack?

Comment

Do you have it installed? It is one of the hacks that, depending in the settings, will close your board temporary. It sounds to me like some hack is updating your setting table to open the board again, but forget to do the same in your datastore table.

Will the board open if you click save on the settings again?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

The backup scheduler that was on and now is turned off is this one.

Its ./includes/cron/cronbackup.php and in the file is

/***********************************************\
          | VB MYSQL BACKUP v 1.9 |
          | Dusty Burns aka TrigunFlame |
          | |
          | Fully Automated Database Backup For Vbulletin,|
          | utilizing the built-in Vbulletin Cron System. |
          | Also doubles as manual dump system from within|
          | Vbulletin Admin Control Panel System |
          \***********************************************/

Is this a bad one to use?

I have it turned off now. I am now using another backup procedure - mysql administrator has a backup and schedular that I am going to use instaed of the hack to back it up.

Do you think that the backup was shutting it down? Is there a file or log that says it did and it just didnt turn it back on correctly? Is there a way to find this out?

Comment

No this is not a bad hack.

But i have seen reports before from people for who the board was not turned backon after the backup was finished.

I suggest you contact the author on vBulletin.org so he can have a look into your specific situation and see if he can solve this.

Comment

Turn them off and back on again. this should update the cache properly

Comment

Very Strange !!!!!!!!!!

This is strange again- I got to work this morning and opened up my browser to look at the website and went to http://harddrivechicago.com/hd and the forums are turned off. It said the forums are turned off due to backup process or something like that. I then went to the admincp and looked at the "Turn Your vBulletin On and Off " area and it was on - I hit the button that says SAVE and the forums came back on. I went into the Scheduled Task Manager and looked at my tasks and I removed the backup forum that was there, although it was disabled and no time frame was set still I removed it. I dont see how this is the cause so I went to the server and looked at the sql administrator task in windows 2000 and looked at the task that runs nightly and said run the task now and looked at my forums after the task ran and still the forums were up - NOT SHUT OFF - this tells me that its not my task in windows that runs the backup. I dont understand why or how this happens everyday. STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by -peace-; Thu 19th May '05, 6:21am.

Comment

We cannot provide support for hacks, I;ve never seen this happen in an unhacked forum. You should try vBulletin.org for support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X