Search engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engines?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but should the posts in my forum be indexed by the search engines? The rest of the site shows up OK on engines like MSN (and even google!), but if I search for any forum posts, I can never find them. On a side note, how the hell do you get people to the forum and get them to post!!!
    Last edited by rendez2k; Wed 18th May '05, 4:00am.

Yes, every page from vBulletin 3.0.x and beyond are properly crawlable and indexable by search engines. vBulletin 3.0.x also comes with an easier to crawl and index /archive/ feature.

Don't forget to add your URL(s) to the search engines.

Comment

Originally posted by rendez2k
      I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but should the posts in my forum be indexed by the search engines?
      At least from my experience "sometimes" search engines disregard pages with parameters. For example, "showthread.php?foo=bar". Now VB3 comes with an archive, but I don't really like it since it's actually too complex. I know it looks pretty, but this doesn't count.

We setup a dedicated archive, which is especially created/tuned/streamlined for search engines. So for example, we don't use much CSS, just very straight forward simple HTML is what robots/spiders like best.

I'd recommend O'Reilly's Google Hacks. It really tells a lot about legal SEO.

Cheers,
      Tom

Comment

http://www.google.nl/search?num=50&h...ad&btnG=Search

Results 1 - 50 of about 465,000 for vbulletin.nl showthread

Seems to work for me. Those replies are all showthread.php pages. So posts are indexed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X