Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i make profile picture uploads work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i make profile picture uploads work?

Currently, I can upload avatars, and attachments. I can even upload profile pictures.. However, they do not display. In fact, it looks as if they work fine. If the file is too large, it warns me and informs that the image cannot be uploaded. However, when I find one that is an acceptable size and upload it, the image does not display. It shows the table that is supposed to display the image, and even gives me an option to delete the image. However, no image is displayed.

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, will this cause me to lose any of my previously configured setup? I.E. colors, logo, etc?

Comment

The original files will overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the files. The new style will not overwrite or change anything. This is just to see if you have the same problem with the original style and templates. If not, then you will know that one or more changes you made is causing this probblem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X