Clear All

• mysql error

had to redo my forum after a hdd died on me, im getting this sql error

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
    REPLACE INTO datastore
    (title, data)
    VALUES
    ('birthdaycache', 'a:4:{s:4:\"day1\";s:10:\"2005-05-15\";s:4:\"day2\";s:10:\"2005-05-16\";s:6:\"users1\";s:387:\"<a href=\"member.php?u=106645\">actjet</a> (38), <a href=\"member.php?u=105729\">tokio7</a> (26), <a href=\"member.php?u=105643\">Sonson</a> (23), <a href=\"member.php?u=106997\">kagekirazuul</a> (21), <a href=\"member.php?u=108267\">Renbatron</a> (21), <a href=\"member.php?u=106809\">Cetanu</a> (18), <a href=\"member.php?u=105808\">p3r4m3r_15</a> (15), <a href=\"member.php?u=107746\">secicl</a> (15)\";s:6:\"users2\";s:336:\"<a href=\"member.php?u=107004\">hyknch</a>, <a href=\"member.php?u=107116\">mafia111</a> (23), <a href=\"member.php?u=106556\">glasseye</a> (22), <a href=\"member.php?u=106658\">poonh_club</a> (22), <a href=\"member.php?u=108120\">tony69</a> (21), <a href=\"member.php?u=84310\">Prosperous</a> (19), <a href=\"member.php?u=105836\">pedram100</a> (15)\";}')

mysql error: Table 'datastore' is read only

mysql error number: 1036

You or your host will need to change the ownership and file permissions for the datastore table files (and possibly the other db files as well.) On a typical *Nix server the database files should be owned by the 'mysql' user and chmod'd to 660.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

did that but its still giving the same error

Comment

Then you did not do it correctly as required for a database on your server. If this was done correcty, then you would not be getting this permissions error.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

server tech's message:

The ownership is mysql and the chmod is 660, but this database is comming from a hard drive that was stopped (psu failure). So is there any way to fix this database? myisamchk isn't doing the magic, though it is giving me this:

> myisamchk datastore.MYI
          Checking MyISAM file: datastore.MYI
          Data records: 18 Deleted blocks: 11
          myisamchk: warning: 29 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
          - check file-size
          - check record delete-chain
          - check key delete-chain
          - check index reference
          - check data record references index: 1
          - check record links
          MyISAM-table 'datastore.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

Comment

Never mind

"repair table datastore;" query did it

Comment

The problem persists, but this time with the table "posts". REPAIR TABLE in mysql will give me the read only error, as well as with the language table.

However, I can read all posts on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Söze
                The problem persists, but this time with the table "posts". REPAIR TABLE in mysql will give me the read only error, as well as with the language table.

However, I can read all posts on the board.
                if you have ssh telnet access better way is to run these commands

1. check database tables

mysqlcheck -s -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

ignore session and cp session table messages

2. repair table

mysqlcheck -r -q -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

3. recheck database tables

mysqlcheck -s -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

REPAIR and vbadmin repair can't fix all forms of corruption you may need to use mysqlcheck. If you use myisamchk i hope you shut down mysql server first as to not further corrupt your data. Mysqlcheck doesn't need to shut down mysql server only myisamchk does
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment