Sessions error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sessions error

I was trying to reinstall a script that stopped working after I upgraded for some reason, and I went into my phpMyAdmin and deleted all the tables that had referenced that script so I could reinstall it, and now I got this error:

Code:
    [b]Warning[/b]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [b]/includes/sessions.php[/b] on line [b]271[/b]

[indent]Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home2/vaelen/public_html/forum/includes/init.php
    Line: 27

[/indent]

Which tables did you delete?

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't have the list of tabnles I deleted, I could probably get them from the arcade script though. I also tried reuploading everything, which did nothing.

Comment

I think it was the language table that screwd everything up though. In sessions.php:
        Code:
        	// get default language
        	$DB_site->reporterror = 0;
        	$phraseinfo = $DB_site->query_first("
        		SELECT languageid" . fetch_language_fields_sql(0) . "
        		FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "language
        		WHERE languageid = " . intval($vboptions['languageid']) . "
        	");
        	foreach($phraseinfo AS $_arrykey => $_arryval)
        	{
        		$bbuserinfo["$_arrykey"] = $_arryval;
        	}
        	$DB_site->reporterror = 1;
        	unset($phraseinfo);

Comment

It sounds like you may have removed something you shouldn't have. Did you make a backup of the database prior to all of this?

Try this. Upload the tools.php script in the DO_NOT_UPLOAD folder of the zip file to your Admin CP directory. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Tried that... still nothing T_T;

How could I do a fresh forum install while keeping my posts/threads/attachments intact?
            Last edited by Vaelen; Sun 15 May '05, 5:51pm.

Comment

I aksed this before. Did you make a backup of the database prior to all of this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

unfortunately I didn't make a back-up, I didn't think it would kill the database that much

Comment

Line 27 of init.php:

echo "<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: $errstr in <strong>$errfile</strong>$errline</strong><br />";

I believe reuploading the original vbulletin-language.xml file should have fixed this. When you did this did it appear to go through okay?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It seemed to go through okay - did not return any errors. Still no luck.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is to restore the original language and phrase tables via phpMyAdmin (which is what running tools.php should have done.) Fill out a support ticket and ask for Steve:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Check your init.php file. It will probably have a space or another character in front of the initial "<?php" or after the ending "?>".

Make sure you are using a plain text editor that can handle php-files correct (ie. no dreamweaver etc..).

Alternative would be to start by uploading a clean init.php. Same goes for your session.php
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

His phrase, language and style templates were empty. Restoring the default templates fixed this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X