Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Alright gang,

I've got a large forum, and just noticed that there's over 3,000 users awaiting email confirmation.

I wanted to know if it's possible to send all these people another confirmation email, so hopefully I can convert a fair percentage to finishing the sign-up process and therefore getting more people involved in the forum.

Cheers,

Ben
    Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

You can.

Go to your AdminCP > Users > Send Email to Users and set up your message there. Put in a subject, then write your message using the variables listed to personalize the message for each member and to give them each the proper activation link. The only thing you have to do in the "Search Criteria" section is to make sure only the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" checkbox is selected for primary usergroup.

So, your message would be something like:

Subject: Account Activation

Hello

Please click on this link, $activatelink, to activate your account on the best online community on the web. Activation is the only way you can enjoy the full benefits of membership, so please act now!

BTW, our records show that you registered with the username $username, using the email address $email. If this email address is incorrect, or no longer valid, please contact us immediately at [email protected]

Forum Administrator
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

That's excellent and, really good of you to help out.

Thanks a lot.
      Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Comment

I would check out this thread. I followed this and inserted the code that was advised and get all of these people who never activated, are activating now. It really is great

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137942

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X