• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directory relocation question

Ok I changed the path of my forums
    from /forum
    to /forums

baiscally all I did was rename the directory.

I'm having a few problems. I'm guessing theres some template edits or core files that still point to /forum

What is the best way to make sure everything is pointed to the new location?
    Should I reinstall / upgrade in the new location?

Only thing that cares about file paths are the styles

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Style Vars (From the drop down) > Image Paths

Comment

I got that, but I had a problem with the path for attachments as well.
      I went into the DB and changed it but am still getting an error when I try to attach a file..

Code:
      [b]Warning[/b]: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 503 is not allowed to access /home owned by uid 0 in [b]/includes/functions_file.php[/b] on line [b]274[/b]

[b]Warning[/b]: filesize(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 503 is not allowed to access /home owned by uid 0 in [b]/includes/functions_file.php[/b] on line [b]286[/b]
      Thats what I am getting when I try to upload an attachment

Comment

You cannot use the option to place attachments in the file system since your server is running with Safe Mode on.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can I change that?

Or what should I tell the host company to do?

Comment

They need to turn Safe Mode off in PHP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have root access..
              Is there a cmd in SSH I can drop?

Comment

Edit your server's php.ini file and set safe mode to 'off':

safe_mode = Off

You will need to restart Apache after making this change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok I got it turned off.. Now when I try to upload an attachment I get this error..

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/mxcrazy/mainwebsite_html/forums/attachments/667e3b3f7b28e63347b779207be155f1): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_file.php on line 274

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php10JzRN' to '/home/mxcrazy/mainwebsite_html/forums/attachments/667e3b3f7b28e63347b779207be155f1' in /includes/functions_file.php on line 274

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/mxcrazy/mainwebsite_html/forums/attachments/667e3b3f7b28e63347b779207be155f1 (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /includes/functions_file.php on line 286
                  Any ideas?

Comment

What are your attachement storage settings and did you try to move the attachments first?

Also in the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

CLICK THIS LINK

That should be the php info you need.

I also enabled it like you said..
                      The URL is www.mxcrazy.com/forums

Thanks for your help

Comment

What are your attachement storage settings and did you try to move the attachments first?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok I moved the attachments to a database and that seemed to work
                          I cant move them back though.. Even when I did a chmod 777 attachments

Should I keep them in the DB? Or what should I do?

Comment

What are the attachment storage settings you tried to use?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I tired to use what was there..
                              Stored in the file system at (I may get the path wrong)

/home/mxcrazy/mainwebsite_html/forums/attachments

Even after I changed the permissions to 777 it still cant write to it..
                              Weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X