About censored words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About censored words

In the censored words I entered some words, some of them were between brackets {} - not parentheses () -. But I noticed that in the threads words that includes that words which are between brackets are replaced with (*) even they are not whole words, the situation as if I didn't put any brackets.

Can you please be more specific and provide an example (with a made-up word) so we can try to duplicate this problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, because my forum is in Arabic I noticed that this problem exists only with Arabic words, but in English words there is no problem. Is there any solution for that situation ? And don't suggest switching my forum into English !

Comment

Unfortunately I have no way of testing this with Arabic characters. Which versions of PHP and MySQL are you running?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

PHP Version 4.3.6
          MySQL 4.1.11

Comment

Thanks. Other than the fact you are running an insecure version of PHP, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else who is using an Arabic Language Pack can test this out for you on their forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X