Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the ban message for email addresses

Hi

We have turned off the ability for people to use hotmail , yahoo, addresses etc, ie free ones as once we ban them they just sign up with a new one and the banning via IP is no good as they have DHCP and just reconnect their DSL box and get a new IP.

However the message it gives is

The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the
    administrator click here

Is there anyway to change that message and make it more user friendly?

Yep, you can change this by logging into the admincp-->Languages & Phrases-->Search in Phrases now select search in Phrase Variable Name Only and search for banemail. All you have to do now is edit the phrase called banemail
    http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Perfect, thank you very much.

Comment

yep, that phrase is very misleading
        one of the first things i did was change it

should say something like we don't allow registrations from that domain or something similar

they think it applies to them
        that they did something wrong and got specifically banned by the administrator

Comment

well it is if you are banning a whole domain, but if you are just banning individual email address then I don't really think it is
          http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Zonex
            yep, that phrase is very misleading
            one of the first things i did was change it

should say something like we don't allow registrations from that domain or something similar

they think it applies to them
            that they did something wrong and got specifically banned by the administrator
            Yup, that is what they all thought, but I have made it clear now, used some text which deals with those who have actually been banned but also addresses the fact we have banned hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X