Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, this means that you have your permissions set wrong somewhere, assuming of course you haven't installed any hacks..

Leave a comment:

• realace
    replied
    I'm having the same problem. I created a custom usergroup that I have set up about 10 people on.

I have set appropriate permissions for the usergroup as well as in the forums, but it denies them access to everything.

Is this a bug maybe?

Leave a comment:

• MonsterMaxx
    replied
    I created another one, based it on registered and used the registered forum for "Create Permissions Based off of Usergroup"

Still doesn't work.
    User can see the main forum, but soon as I try to go into any forum I get the permission denied message.

What in the world am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by MonsterMaxx; Mon 9 May '05, 7:50am.

Leave a comment:

• MonsterMaxx
    replied
    looks like when I created a couple of these I didn't change the 'Create Usergroup Based off of Usergroup' set to anything.

I've created a new one based on 'registered' but still have the same problem (thought the '*' is gone.)

User can see the main forum listing, but is denied anytime user goes into a forum.

From what I can tell by forum permissions they should have access...
    Last edited by MonsterMaxx; Mon 9 May '05, 7:37am.

Leave a comment:

• MonsterMaxx
    replied
    You mean forum permission? yes. All looks right.

I even used the forum permission duplication tool on one of them and it remains the same.

I think these '*' are telling me something, but I'm not sure what.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    When you created these new groups did you check their permissions?

Leave a comment:

• MonsterMaxx
    started a topic User Group not working

User Group not working

I've created a few new user groups so I can do promotions and a few other usergroups to handle PITA users and they don't work correctly.

RegisteredPlus where I'll remove some restrictions on Registered after they have been there a while they will auto promote to registered plus.

Create some trouble maker usergroups with restricted rights.

Problem is that when I change their primary to one of these new groups they suddenly have zero access.
    They also have an '*' next to them. Does this mean they are disabled or something? If so where do I enable it? Or is there something else I've got screwed up?

These are replacements for the std 'registered' usergroup

Thanks in advance.