Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    lol, I just clicked on browse and saw all the post under the pagetext field. I am still fairly new to all this so clicking browse did not even cross my mind. Thank you for bearing with my endless stupidity

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No offense intended but all you need to do is look at the database to get this answer. The actual post is in the pagetext field of the post table.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    Yeah, I just saw that, int(10), not much of a message for a post could be stored in that. What table/field are the post text stored in? is it the post table, pagetext field?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Have you looked at the appropriate table and 'lastpost' field to see what it contains? The 'lastpost' field for the thread table contains a Unix timestamp.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    Okay, I guess it is, my real question though was just does the field "lastpost" contain the actual message data and if so, is it encrypted? Since you said its not encrypted though I am going to have to go with the idea that there is another database field that includes the actual message of the post. I went ahead and posted on vbulletin.org, sorry for posting about custom coding on here.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How is that not asking for help with custom coding?

Nonetheless, vB posts are not encrypted so I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    I posted here because im not actually asking for help with custom coding. I am wondering if I have to decode the actual post message since im getting some weird number or something when I echo the $lastpost variable.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Since this requires custom coding, try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    started a topic Decrypt a thread message?

Decrypt a thread message?

I have a script that allows me to post a the last 3 thread titles and who created the thread from a specific forum. I am using this to create a news script, so I can post news to a forum and then have it display on the home page under news. My only problem is this... (here is the script)

Code:
    [size=2]
    // Connecting to your database

mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pw) 

OR die ("Cannot connect to your database"); 

mysql_select_db($db_name) OR die("Cannot connect to your database"); 

// Below is the beginning of a table. If you feel you don't need it, you may remove it.

echo "<table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"4\"><tr><td>";

$tsql = mysql_query("SELECT threadid,title,lastpost,postusername FROM thread WHERE forumid=$forum_id ORDER BY threadid DESC LIMIT $limit");

while($tget=mysql_fetch_array($tsql))

{

$lastpost = $tget['lastpost'];

$title = $tget['title'];

$tid = $tget['threadid'];

$poster = $tget['postusername'];

$psql = mysql_query("SELECT postid FROM post WHERE threadid=$tid ORDER BY postid ASC");

$getp=mysql_fetch_array($psql);

$pid = $getp['postid'];

$date2 = date ("m/d/y h:i A" ,$lastpost);

$title = substr($title,0,$txtlimit);

echo "<font size=\"2\" face=\"$fontface\"><a href=\"$forum_url/showthread.php?p=$pid#post$pid\"><FONT SIZE=\"2\" COLOR=\"$titlecolor\" face=\"$fontface\">$title</FONT></a></font><br /><font color=\"$postedcolor\" face=\"$fontface\" size='1'>posted by $poster on <i>$date2</i></FONT><br />";

}

echo "</td></tr></table>";

?>
    [/size]

I tried doing it so that it shows the actual message text too but when I used echo on $lastpost it just came out a bunch of numbers. How do I actually get the text of the thread?