Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the look of my forum and Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the look of my forum and Hello!

Hello, my name is Ken and I am VERY new at this. I have help moderate forums for quite some time and decided to buy and operate one myself. Since I am new here I thought I would say hello to everyone and ask a question!

I want to segregate my forum into 3 or 4 different areas and can't figure out how to do it. If you look at the main page of this forum there are 3 or 4 different areas? Can someone explain this to me?

Ok, I lied, I have one more question. I created and implemented a new logo for my forum but it is to the left of the page, how to I center the logo to the forum?

I did try the search feature for about an hour with no luck. Thank you in advance for your help, Ken.

hmmmm noone has any ideas? Can anyone point me in the direction of more VB research information then?

Comment

Ok, I don't believe you can change the way your header is aligned, maybe they will allow this in future versions of VB.

The thing I need help with now is how to make different areas on my forum. For example, the main page of this forum has Vbulletin sales and discussions, Vbulletin 3, VBulletin 2, Customizing VBulletin, General, and vBulletin web site information.

I need to create these in my forum, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

First, please be patient and wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

You create new categories here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Add New FRorum -> Acct As Forum -> No

You create new forums here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Add New FRorum -> Acct As Forum -> Yes

To place a forum under a ccategory, choose the category as the 'Parent Forum'.

To learn how to center your loggi, try using the forum search function and search for:

center logo

One thread quickly found with this search is this one:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=center+logo
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X