Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase the limitations of file uploads

Hey

Currently only an x amount kb per file can be uploaded, this is very small. And a lot of my users are unable to upload their images.

In the Attachment Uploads section, within the edit/options of a Usergroup I have it set to "0" which is says disables limits. Yet it doesn't.

Is there any place else I need to amend in order to increase the size of uploads?

Regards,
    Chris

I would like to know the same thing.

I need to be able to upload like 3MB

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gwynne
      Hey

Currently only an x amount kb per file can be uploaded, this is very small. And a lot of my users are unable to upload their images.

In the Attachment Uploads section, within the edit/options of a Usergroup I have it set to "0" which is says disables limits. Yet it doesn't.

Is there any place else I need to amend in order to increase the size of uploads?

Regards,
      Chris
      Besides the attachment settings in vB, your servers setup will prohibit or allow larger uploads.

You need to take into account phps max upload limit, mysqls max allowed packet, and the scripts max execution time.

All of these are server wide changes and can only be accomplilished by the host.

If you are storing files in the filesystemr ather than the database. You only need to worry about php's max upload and the script execution time, granted you are not running in safemode.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Besides the attachment settings in vB, your servers setup will prohibit or allow larger uploads.

You need to take into account phps max upload limit, mysqls max allowed packet, and the scripts max execution time.

All of these are server wide changes and can only be accomplilished by the host.

If you are storing files in the filesystemr ather than the database. You only need to worry about php's max upload and the script execution time, granted you are not running in safemode.
        I'm aware of limitations, but I seriously doubt my server can't handle anything above 32kb, even by default without any changes to server...

Comment

Did you check the maximums set for different Attachment filetypes?
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
            Did you check the maximums set for different Attachment filetypes?
            Where do I check that... which was actually the original question of this thread.

Comment

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Extensions & Sizes
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

After I make the Zip file size alot bigger,and i try to uplaod, i just get file is to big, exeeds limit, or page cannot be displayed

Comment

Doila, please starrt your own thread with all the relevant details. Thanks.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                  X