Paid subscriptions question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid subscriptions question

Sorry to ask this but I just got to, maybe save me some work.

I am goign to set up a special area for paid posters only. Liek if they wish to post to the threads they must pay a small amount. (Help stop the post and run and never come back people...)

I set up a secondary user group then went to subscriptions and started setting one up but from what I see do I really need a secondary group? Can I just leave them as a registered user and just set set the forum part under subscriptions to Yes and not default. Then in the forum settings set it so only mods and admins can post?

There should be a special group for subscribers, if not, create one with the same permissions as the Registered User group. Then tweak the changes for the new group to your likings. You can then assign that group with posting access to whatever forum you want.

Comment

So whats the Yes and Default for in subscriptions?
      Thought it would be easier to just say yes if they buy that subscription they can post to that forum..
      Didnt really want to make a special usergroup fpr them since it will be so little they pay....

Comment

You will need to create a usergroupp with the necessary permissions to post in that forum, then move those users into that group.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok but still lost on why the subscription would have a way to allow posting to a forum. :P

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand the question. You need to set the appropriate Forum Permissions for that forum and usergroup.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When I click Subscripts Add New in the Admin CP
              I tell it to add a secondary usergroup I have made up.
              Then it asks me to use the default or YES for each forum.
              If the Main or Secondary UserGroup sets the forum permissions why do they need reset in the Sbscription setup?

Comment

You need to set the appropriate forum permissions for that forum and usergroup.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X