Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotrod1
    replied
    Thanks alot for your help. I apreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    OK, what you want to do is move the threads from one forum to another. For this you would use the AdminCP > Threads & Posts > Move function that you mentioned in your first post (although one of the forums in question only has 4 threads and you could have moved them manually (one by one) to the other forum in less than a minute man using Thread Tools > Move/Copy Thread).

Set the destination forum to the name of the forum you wish to keep. The Date Options should all be set to '0', the View Options should be set to '0', '-1', '0', '-1', and the Status Options should all be set to "Either". In the "other Options" section, select the name of the forum you wish to merge into the one you listed at the top (So if you listed General Support as the destination you would list Forum Support here). Select 'Yes' for "Include Child Forums". Hit "Move Threads", then choose the "Move Threads Maunally" so you can see what will happen before you finalize the process. If everything looks OK, click on the "Go" button. Done.

Leave a comment:

• hotrod1
    replied
    http://explosive-hosting.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    See how there are 2 support forums there? I would like to condense those 2 down into 1 forum.

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    I don't quite understand what you mean. Categories have forums under them, forums have threads, and threads have posts. You're talking about moving posts around in categories. Can you be more specific? Or give a link so we can see what you mean?

Leave a comment:

• hotrod1
    replied
    Yeah I knew that but when I move the parent forum how do I move the posts all into 1 category. I tried the mass-move feature but it said no posts matched my query.

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    To move a forum to a different category, edit the forum via the Forum Manager and change the "Parent Forum" to the category you wish it to show under.

Leave a comment:

• hotrod1
    started a topic Moving a forum category and posts

Moving a forum category and posts

Well I have 2 categories in my forum for basically the same reason. I want to now combine the 2 categories so that the posts from both categories can be condensed into 1. I tried using the mass-move tool but it got confusing and I think that it wants to move all of my posts from all categories. Thanks for the help.

Mike