Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good moderator welcome letter and good FAQ's

Hi Guys-

I'm looking for some good welcome letters to send to moderators to inform them of their new powers, their duties, etc.

Also, I'd like to be able to provide my users with more thorough FAQ's on site usage, image (attachment) management, etc.

If anyone knows where I can find some of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sy
    Last edited by sydude; Mon 3 Jul '06, 8:18am.
    Team Juicy Racing - The Ultimate Racing School and Race Series Forums and unofficial home of the Skip Barber Racing School & Series

I don't know of any such 3rd party FAQ entries, only the ones that are builtin to the default software. And vBulletin does not have any kind of "moderator welcome email."

Comment

Thanks. I know that vbulletin doesn't have a 'welcome moderator' email, but surely you notify new moderators of their status in some non-automated way? For example, when you add a new moderator, don't you have to send them an email manually (using your email client etc.) that says something like this:

"Hi Bob, thanks for becoming a moderator of xyz.com. You can now do blah blah, and you are responsible to blah blah..."

Just looking to see if anyone has a nice letter or email that they send out that they can post here.
      Team Juicy Racing - The Ultimate Racing School and Race Series Forums and unofficial home of the Skip Barber Racing School & Series

Comment

Dunno about anyone else but any mods i choose have to know the ins and outs before becoming a mod - hence not needing a "letter"......

If i don't know them enough to phone them or whatever - a letter ain't gonna do any help.
        For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by manguish
          Dunno about anyone else but any mods i choose have to know the ins and outs before becoming a mod - hence not needing a "letter"......

If i don't know them enough to phone them or whatever - a letter ain't gonna do any help.
          I'm very comfortable with my mods, it's just trying to educate them how to use the features that I'd like some help with.

Comment

I agree - my moderators are all good, but they live all over the world - phoning is not an option, and they know our OLD bb software just fine - but they haven't a clue about vBulletin, so I have to let them know what they can do - and I haven't even figured it out myself!

vBulletin SHOULD include a moderators faq at the very least.

Comment

Go to http://www.best-board.com/index.php

They have a lot of great articles and things to help admins, in fact, they have something along the lines of what you are looking for. It's not a welceom email per se, but you could very well make it into one. Go check them out, you won't be disappointed Someone from here recommended them to me weeks ago and it is a great resource! Good Luck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X