Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shiva
    replied
    Thanks, be a nice feature for a future version. Oh well, no harm in trying.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by shiva
    Is there a way we can do this? Restrict members to a set amount of downloads to a set amount of time. I don't want to restrict my members to certain forums, but I want to restrict them from consuming bandwidth and resources if they get too greedy.
    There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• shiva
    started a topic Limit attachment downloads by usergroup

Limit attachment downloads by usergroup

I did a search and everything, but I have a problem with members who like to strip sites. And with ad revenue so low, the only way a lot of sites can survive and keep up costs is to charge for better access to things like this.
    There's no code modifications for the attachment system I know of that would work for this, and though it's requested a lot at the code modification forum, I've never actually seen a post here asking, so I'm asking.

Is there a way we can do this? Restrict members to a set amount of downloads to a set amount of time. I don't want to restrict my members to certain forums, but I want to restrict them from consuming bandwidth and resources if they get too greedy.

Possible? Special promotions that can be triggered, by attachment views, amount of views, or even just thread views? Would be a real nice feature to have, and getting desperate here.

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X