Users Circumventing Censored Words for Usertitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Circumventing Censored Words for Usertitle

We have several banned words for the user title, they include banned, admin, moderator, etc.. but recently, a clever set of users has learned how to used extended characters from Windows "Character Map". This is creating quite a bit of havoc on the forums and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a fix. There are simply too many combinations of extended characters to put them all in the banned word list, and I'm not even sure if that would work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I don't think there is anything that can be done about this without censoring the other combinations using the other character set. I recommend you ban the user.

Comment

Adding the characters to the disallowed character list in the options may help, though this may cause problems with multi-byte encoding.
      http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        I don't think there is anything that can be done about this without censoring the other combinations using the other character set. I recommend you ban the user.
        If it was one user, that would be fine, but unfortunately the forum in question is made up of brainless kids who see one person break the rules, they all want to break the rules.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X