contact us form email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact us form email

when somebody uses the contact us form to send a message to me, when i receive the email it never shows an email address. for example:

if "jimbob" sent me a message with the email address "[email protected]" asking about advertising - then i would get an email saying the message that he sent but there is no email address to reply to. in the "from" field in outlook express it just says from "jimbob @ socialoutkast". therefore i cannot reply as i have no email address to reply to.

is there any way of making the email address show up in the actual email sent out to me.

this happens wether the person is registered or not
    For all you game collectors

It works fine for me. The From field in the email contains the email address from the form. Is this what you are seeing?
    Attached Files

Comment

yeah it basically looks like that. the problem is when i receive the email.

best thing to do is if you send me a message and ill show you what i receive

http://www.socialoutkast.com/forum/sendmessage.php

Comment

as you can see there is no sign of any email address apart from what you wrote in the actual message - so if they dont write their email in the message body then i have no reply address. clicking on reply only send it to jake [email protected] which doesnt exist
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like outlook or OE?

double click on Jake Bunce @ social outkast, what happens

Comment

yeah sorry - it is outlook express.

it just opens a pop up window with the mail you sent me with the reply address as jake bunce @socialoutkast. absolutely no new information is given.

Comment

I get them from people at my own sites all of the time and inside their email is contained
              Attached Files

Comment

If you send me a PM with a URL and admin login for your forum then I can test this feature on your forum.

Comment

I got your PM.

It works fine for me. The email I received from your Contact Us form had this format in the From line:

Code:
                  "username @ Social OutKast" <[email protected]>
                  I think Zach is right... it's your email client that is displaying this information differently.

Comment

ok thanks for the help guys. ill have to look into it further.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X