Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mini-Moderators"

Hey gang,

I've messed around trying to do this. I got myself to stop before I screwed anything up.

Well basically I want to add a mini-moderator usergroup that will only have the powers to close/open, move, and edit regular user's posts and threads.

I don't want them to have access to a MOD control panel (because I don't want them to have the power to ban or edit users preferences)

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

So don't give them that power? Thoughs are moderator powers when you add a moderator(like banning and editing the few user settings, such as avatar, profile pictures, signatures, ect)

Comment

Wait... Yea i know. But when I set a user to only have the powers to edit, close, sticky it just doens't work. They can post and delete their own but not others.

Comment

Are you moving them into the moderator usergroup?

Comment

I'm not touching my current Moderator group. I'm making an additional 'Mini-Moderator' group and going to add like 10 regular registered users to that group

Comment

I'm going to bump this. Does anyone know what i'm trying to do?

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X