Clear All

• Paul_Hollibone
    replied
    Sounds like his site more than yours.

Who has paid for hosting and forums?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Why didn't he make you an admin right after he was done installing the board?

Why don't you have ftp access?

Sounds alot like his board more than yours....

Leave a comment:

• Derek412
    replied
    Ok thanks. Unfortunately right now I don't have access to make those changes. I was hoping I could do it somehow just using the board or having someone from here do that. I'll just have to wait a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Upload the tools.php script in the DO_NOT_UPLOAD folder of the zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to promote your user to Admin, then immediately remove this script.

You may also need to make yourself a Super Admin. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $superadministrators = 'x';

...with 'x' being your userid.

Leave a comment:

• Derek412
    started a topic Making myself an admin

Making myself an admin

Hi, I recently purchased vbulletin and today my friend installed it on our site from his computer since I don't know much about that.

Since he did that, he became the Admin. Now that's fine since he was going to be anyway, but now he's gone for a few days and I'd like to get our site started but I can't right now since I'm just a regular member.

So what do I have to do to make myself the admin?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X