COPPA form location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COPPA form location

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out myself and searching this message board for the answer. I didn't want to bother you all if it's been answered already. I have not been able to find the solution.

When a user registers as under 13, an email is generated to the parent asking them to fill out the COPPA form and fax it back. The link in my email is incorrect and doesn't get them to the COPPA form. It looks like this:

>>The form can be accessed through this page:

http://www.spinekids.com/boards/profile.php?do=editprofile<<

There is no link to the form on that page and in fact it comes up all funky colored, not in the template style I'm using.

Can someone give me the exact link to where the COPPA form is located?

Thanks in advance,

Julie
    SpineKIDS.com

Make sure your forum URL is correct:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

If this setting is correct, and if all of the default vBulletin files are uploaded to your forum directory, then the link generated should work.

Comment

The above setting is correct and my default files are uploaded to my main forum directory (which I call "boards").

This actually worked fine when I was on v2, and has only been a problem since going to v3. I have not made any changes to any of this is since I went live with vBulletin nearly 3 years ago. I only found out it wasn't working recently when a parent emailed me to tell me they couldn't get to the form.

If you want to check it out for yourself, feel free to try to register under COPPA on my board at www.spinekids.com/boards to see what's happening.

Any other ideas are welcome. This board is mainly kids (with scoliosis) and I really need my COPPA stuff working 100%.

Thanks
      Last edited by virtualjul; Sun 1st May '05, 1:15pm.

Comment

I just tested this on my forum. When a COPPA user registers, the parent is sent that email. The parent clicks that link, logs in as the COPPA user, clicks the Display Permissions Form button at the top of the page, prints out the forum, fills out the form, and mails or faxes it back to the webmaster.

That profile link is working, so the parent needs to login and click that button.

Comment

Hi Jake. Thanks so much for trying to help me, but what you describe is not what's happening on my forum.

I'm attaching a screenshot that shows a piece of the page so you can see the wacky page that comes up via the email that is sent to the parent. It's got strange coloring and broken graphics -- and there is no button like you refer to. Keep in mind that if I look at that page when logged in as a registered user, it looks fine.

Thanks for your help and patience.
          ~Julie
          Attached Files

Comment

Are they logged is as the COPPA user or as another user? They need to login as the COPPA user.

This is what you should see on that page:
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry

Sorry Jake, I had logged out, but my cookie was still trying to hit that page as me. Anyway, I cleared my cookies and now have the correct screenshots to show you.

sk_screen1.jpg is the shot of what comes up when you click on the link in email.
              sk_screen2.jpg is what comes up when you log in as the COPPA user.

I must have a setting incorrect somewhere. Help
              Attached Files

Comment

You need to allow the COPPA usergroup to view your forums and access the User CP.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're my hero!

Jake, you're pretty cool too. Thanks for everything, both of you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X