Cant get "moderators" to view MOD forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get "moderators" to view MOD forum

ok we have a moderator lounge forum for mods.

now the ppl i added in forums manager by "add mod", they cant view that MOD forum, even tho under permissions for that mod forum i assigned that moderators shud be able to view it.

its just not working for them. Any ideA?

Sure you aren't using access masks or some other permissions which conflict/override what you've setup?

Comment

maybe....i dunt know tho i think i have the settings correct

Comment

First of all, when you added them as moderators, did you choose to move them to the moderator usergroup? Check each moderator and be sure that their usergroup is "Moderators"
        Then, goto Forum Permissions, and make sure the permissions for the Moderators usergroup under the right forum are set to "Use Custom Permissions" and the appropriate permissions are set to yes.
        http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

ok i will try that out and let u know.

Comment

i did that but still no help! now thisthing is gettin annoyed!

how shall i fix this problem

Comment

Check your forum permissions for the specific forum. Make sure "Moderators" group has rights.

Comment

they do have rights! thats the thing! but cant view it.

Comment

Have you installed any hacks? If you have the forum permissions set correctly and no hackss, then it should work.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i havent installed any hack other than that i imported users from pnPHPbb to vB using impex.

the thing is i did set mods as moderators for some forums and they are there, but just the main "moderator forum" which we have under "administration", there when we add mods to modserator forum it doesnt work for them.

Comment

If no hacks, and if in the right usergroup, and permissions set correctly, they MUST be able to view the forum. Note that their "Moderator" usergroup must be their Primary Group, not one you added them to.

Comment

Did you follow all the instructions in the End Game section of the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok lets say i have to set user "abc" to mod.

now i just checked the user "abc" has been added to moderators for the mod forum, but i just checked the "Primary Usergroup" for the "abc" and that is set to "Registered Users".

Do i have to set it to "Moderators" ?

If i set primary usergroup as "moderators" for the "abc" , then "abc" wont have mod permissions to ALL forums then? or just the forum i assign him moderator for?

Comment

Do i have to set it to "Moderators" ?

Yes

If i set primary usergroup as "moderators" for the "abc" , then "abc" wont have mod permissions to ALL forums then?

No. Only if a Super Moderator.

or just the forum i assign him moderator for?

Yes

Comment

Working...
                            X