Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling profile field until user reaches a certain post count...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling profile field until user reaches a certain post count...

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way of disabling certain profile fields, such as the homepage url profile field, until a new user has reached a certain post count? Obviously, when the user has reached the post count required, the profile field can be "switched" back on.

Thanks.
    Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

The easiest way to do this would be to have a usergroup that a person gets promoted into when they reach a creatin number of posts. Then you can add template conditionals to hide (or not) the fields in question based on usergroup. Once promoted to the new group, the conditional(s) would allow them to see the fields.

Comment

Thanks, but could you tell me which conditionals to put in which templates please? As I know next to nothing about conditionals.

Comment

Start by creating the Custom Profile fields. Note their names. Also create the new usergroup to which they'll be promoted. Note the usergroupID. Provide this information on this thread, and we can go from there.

Comment

It's not a custom profile field, it's the Home Page URL profile field... I'll have a look to see what the IDs are and get back to you.

Comment

The profile field I'm on about doesn't seem to be in the list in ACP.

Comment

So all you want to do is stop new members from seeing the member's home page URL until they're promoted based on (whatever)?

Comment

Well actually I want to stop new members from entering their home page URL in the profile field until they've made a certain number of posts. So either make the whole home page URL profile field disappear until they've made the required nyumber of posts, or have it greyed out.

Comment

Can anyone help please?

Comment

There is no built-in setting to do that. It may be possible with conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X