Clear All

• Christie
    replied
    Thanks for your help Jake.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Christie
    If I disabled thumbnails, what would happen to the existing thumbnail pictures already posted? Would they appear as full sized pictures, or links?
    Full-sized.

Originally posted by Christie
    Also if I found that by disabling thumbnails our bandwidth was being stretched, could I switch back to thumbnails and if so what would happen to the full sized pictures posted.
    Yes, they would show as thumbs again, but you would need to rebuild the thumbs for new images:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Thumbnails

Leave a comment:

• Christie
    replied
    Thanks Jake.

If I disabled thumbnails, what would happen to the existing thumbnail pictures already posted? Would they appear as full sized pictures, or links?

Also if I found that by disabling thumbnails our bandwidth was being stretched, could I switch back to thumbnails and if so what would happen to the full sized pictures posted.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    A) Yes, the entire image is shown inline when thumbnails are disabled.

B) I imagine thumbnails would be lighter on bandwidth as it allows for attachment browsing without loading the full image.

Leave a comment:

• Christie
    started a topic Thumbnails

Thumbnails

Hi,

I have recently taken over the admin of a board, and at present uploaded pictures in posts show as thumbnails.

The question has been asked by members "can we have full sized pictures in our posts" as was the case with vB2.

Images are stored in our file system, not in the database.

My questions therefore are:

a. if thumbnails are disabled do pictures posted appear as full size pics or just links?

b. as we are on a fairly small bandwidth, is the thumbnails option lighter on data transfer than full sized images would be.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X