Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Big Time Help - Please

ok..

I had to move servers I'm starting over from scratch.. I have created a new database and have reinstalled vB using that DB..
    Which tables do I need from my old database?
    I only want the following

Forums (all threads,posts and permissions)
    Users
    PM's
    Post counts and other statistics.

I dont care for any of the style info or any other hack that I had installed.

Which tables do I need?
    And whats the easiest way to get them?

I've been going in the AdminCP and trying to backup the tables I need but I keep getting a lot more than I select.. Can this be done through SSH?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated..

If you are starting from 'scratch' then you don't need any of the old tables. If you want to use the old db, then you should backup and restore the entire database.

The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

And if that database is not the same vB version as the files, you will then need to run the upgrade process.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I appreciate the help.. But when I do that it brings back in a bunch of crap I no longer want like..

Styles,
      vBGarage
      v3Arcade

I want a clean install with my users, and threads just the mission critical stuff..

Comment

I'm a noob here but why not do the backup as sugg

ested - make a copy then delete the things you don't want from the copy and use that to restore your data. If anything goes bad or you suddenly realize you need something there is still the full backup

Oh the space after sugg ... ? THat was typed by the rear end of a siamese cat I just couldn't bring myself to edit her creativity
        Rick Grunwald
        http://grunwalds.com
        XP home SP2, Celeron 2gb, 2GB RAM, Zone Alarm Security Suite

Comment

You can use the Impex import system to import the old data into your new forum.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X