Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You could recreate this table, but you will lose all currrent access masks. Assuming you want to do this and you are runniing 3.0.3, here are the appropriate queries:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS 'access';

CREATE TABLE access (
    userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    forumid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    accessmask SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    PRIMARY KEY userid (userid, forumid)
    );

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Access Masks, individual User permissions if you use those. So if you use them, don't recreate the table, like i already said.

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    replied
    Looks like a big table though - what data is in there?

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    If i understand you correct, the database file for the access table was already corrupted when you tried to make the backup, but you stil continued trying to upgrade?

If the rest of the backup can be verified to be ok, and you are 100% that she didn't use Access Masks to control permissions, you could try to drop the table and re-create it.

No guarantees, use this at your own risk.

PS Steve will probably shoot me for this solution.

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    replied
    If something happened to the table what can I do?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I believe this means what I said before. The info in the access table does not match the version off the files you are running. Either that or something happened to that table.

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    replied
    This is it now:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT access.*, forum.forumid FROM forum AS forum LEFT JOIN access AS access ON
    (userid = 656 AND FIND_IN_SET(access.forumid, forum.parentlist))
    WHERE NOT (ISNULL(access.forumid))

mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './mommavil_kate/access.frm'

mysql error number: 1033

Date: Friday 29th of April 2005 12:59:37 AM

- Hide quoted text -
    Script: http://www.mommaville.com/forums/index.php
    Referer:
    Username: Kirsten
    IP Address: (deleted)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If I understand you correctly, that error happened during the attempt to make a db backup. That would have nothing to do with problems on the forums. What is the specific problem or error you are getting on the forum. Please post the complete error, including script info.

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    replied
    Here's another one:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT access.*, forum.forumid FROM forum AS forum LEFT JOIN access AS access ON
    (userid = 1579 AND FIND_IN_SET(access.forumid, forum.parentlist))
    WHERE NOT (ISNULL(access.forumid))

mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './mommavil_kate/access.frm'

mysql error number: 1033
    What had happened was this:
    1. We made a copy of the forums directory and uploaded the 3.0.7 files to the copy.
    2. I made a tar backup of the DB
    3. The site owner (who I'm walking through all this) tried to make a mysqldump backup of the db and got an error:

Got error: 1033: Incorrect information in file: './mommavil_kate/access.frm' when using LOCK TABLES
      I had her try it again and double check the command but the same thing happened. I figured my backup was OK so we moved on.

At that point we tried to continue with the upgrade but had some problems on her end uploading everything with an FTP client. It was skipping whole directories (like "install") and I don't know if she knew to upload everything in ASCII mode or not. On step three of the upgrade she got an error and we decided to bail. I reverted her vbulletin directory back to the old one, and untar'd the backup back into my /var/lib/mysql dir (yes I chowned it back to mysql:mysql).

She can get to the adminCP, and she has run the repair/optimize procedure several times, but no luck yet.

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Hmmm...what is the script producing this error and what are you trying to do when you get it? It sounds like this table is not from the same vB version as the file calling it.

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    started a topic Error with access.frm

Error with access.frm

I'm getting this error on one of the sites I help with:

mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './mommavil_kate/access.frm' mysql error number: 1033
    We tried to upgrade the boards tonight but failed halfway through. I reverted back to an old copy of the DB and the vbulletin files, but I'm still getting this message. Any ideas?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X