X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $date?

i figured out how to do this
    dont require any more assistance...thanks
    Last edited by Zonex; Fri 29th Apr '05, 12:54pm.

Date is a Unix timestamp in its native mode, and is entirely numeric. It looks something like:

You have to call a function to decode it into mm/dd/yyyy - hh:mm:ss

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
      Date is a Unix timestamp in its native mode, and is entirely numeric. It looks something like:

You have to call a function to decode it into mm/dd/yyyy - hh:mm:ss
      thanks but vb already does that or it wouldnt be able to display dates and times, just unix time

anyways, this vb variable works if u change the time format to include the date and mess around with the formatting...remove <span class...
      $vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]
      No biggie for me as I only use that phrase on one page...forumhome.

I just noticed something also. Was messing around a few days ago with the built in IBP (yuck!) that comes preinstalled with some hosting packages and noticed this in my inbox just now.

Hello Mr. Admin Sir!

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

testing completed their registration on Apr 27 2005, 10:29 PM

You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel

Have a super day!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Zonex
        I just noticed something also. Was messing around a few days ago with the built in IBP (yuck!) that comes preinstalled with some hosting packages and noticed this in my inbox just now.
        Vbulletin also has that same option, you just need to turn it on in the admincp
        http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Here's what I use in the threadbit template:

$thread[datelinedate] and $thread[datelinetime]

There is associated code in some of the PHP files to define "datelinedate" and "datelinetime". I'll go look.

Comment

Heere's the code that you need in your associated PHP files:

// PARSE DATE AND TIME
            $thread[datelinedate] = vbdate($vboptions[dateformat], $thread[dateline]);
            $thread[datelinetime] = vbdate($vboptions[timeformat], $thread[dateline]);

WARNING: Modifying your PHP code is considered a hack.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdpixels
              Vbulletin also has that same option, you just need to turn it on in the admincp
              can you tell me where? all i can find is to turn it on and off
              not to include date of registration

From Admin Options
              Email Address to Notify About New Members
              This email address will receive an email message when a new user signs up. Leave the option blank to disable this function.
              im suspecting there isnt one and ur not understanding my original question...sorry if thats not the case
              i will eat crow if you show me where

here it is again simplified...
              in the email that is sent to you upon a new user registering at your forum...
              is there a stock (built in already) vb variable that i can add to the phrase email body for new registration notification

i have my answer already as i stated above...but if theres some hidden one that im not aware of then let me know

if its a hack of sorts, i can do that myself
              thats not my question

thanks

Comment

There is no date or time in the subject of any stock email subjects, and there is no formated date available in the new user script. You will have to modify the code in order to add the current date and time to new user emails.
                http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Originally posted by WetWired
                  There is no date or time in the subject of any stock email subjects, and there is no formated date available in the new user script. You will have to modify the code in order to add the current date and time to new user emails.
                  sorry, but you are wrong
                  i already said how i can do it without modifying any code

i will repeat it one more time...

add month and day to time format in admincp options

stick this in the email body phrase
                  $vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]
                  it will print out the day, month, and time the person registered in your new user email

Comment

Wow, that is strange. The phrase by itself doesn't do that, but apparently they coded it to change the phrase before anything uses it. The variables you need are $timenow and $datenow, which are apparently set at the global scope without being defined in the global scope...
                    http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X