Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database UPDATE takes too long... locks all tables.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database UPDATE takes too long... locks all tables.

When somebody posts in my board, it tries to INSERT into the 'thread' table, right? Well, for me, this process is taking around 5 minutes, until mysql dies because all the other queries are waiting for it to be done... I repaired the table, and I'm still having the same problem... what can be causing this problem? Could it be that my database is still corrupt?

Do you have similiar threads on?

Comment

Nope, too much load

Comment

Have you run Repair/Optimize? If so, it may be that your forums are simply too busy for the server they are on. If you are on a dedicated server, please see this thread for help with optimizing your server:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I repair them, but they seem to become corrupt again... they're on a dedicated server too and I already optimized it.

Now I'm getting this error "Segmentation Fault" all over the place Seems to be a bigger problem than a corrupt table

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X