X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggruff
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Images are stored in the database by default so there is no way for the file to be executed. Even if they are stored in the file system they are stored with a specific extension that would not be parsed correctly by the system.
    ok.. cool ^^

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Images are stored in the database by default so there is no way for the file to be executed. Even if they are stored in the file system they are stored with a specific extension that would not be parsed correctly by the system.

Leave a comment:

• Luggruff
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    The enter Avatar url option just gets it from a remote server and stores it on yours for use.

There is an insane ammount of risks to displaying remote avatars.
    risk? I thought letting people put whatever into my server was risky..

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    I have my avatar size limits set to 80x105 pix max, and 4.5 kb filesize.

Works like a charm....

Leave a comment:

• WetWired
    replied
    You know, I'm aware of the whole image swapping thing, but the size can be managed with a <div style="overflow:hidden , and the chance of script invocation is the same as in sigs if you use the same no ? or & restriction. Just what are the additional risks of remote avatars compared to sig images?

Leave a comment:

• Luggruff
    replied
    So.. basicly.. either i let them store graphics on my server.. or i don't let them use other avartars than the ones i decide? o_0
    That sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The enter Avatar url option just gets it from a remote server and stores it on yours for use.

There is an insane ammount of risks to displaying remote avatars.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just disable custom avatars in the Usergroup permissions if you don't want them to use this option. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Luggruff
    replied
    FROM USER CP:

Custom Avatar If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are. Use Custom Avatar You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer. Enter Avatar URL:
    Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 500 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Green: I only want THIS field to show
    Red: How do I remove THIS field??

You can't tell me it's not possible to remove this option, what's the point of paying 160 bucks so you get a forum where users are allowed to overload your server with graphics???

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    vBulletin does not allow remote linking at all, all avatars are imported directly into the forum, regardless if they use the url function or upload it from their pc

Leave a comment:

• Remove posibility to UPLOAD an avartar to the forum.. only use URL

How do I remove users posibility to UPLOAD a avartar or ANY picture from their computer into the forum? And only allow them to link avartar through URL?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X