Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachy Goes to Coventry

Hello all,

I put a member (Apple) into "Tachy Goes to Coventry".

Apple makes a reply post in a thread. It seems like all other participants in the thread receives an email notifying them that Apple made a reply post.

And when those members enter to read, they realised Apple's post's not there.

And those members started asking.... WHY? WHERE? blah blah.

My question is, how do you make members like Apple, who is in "Tachy Goes to Coventry", not send email notifications to all other members who participated in the thread?

Thank you.
    http://www.quak.at/images/minikueken.gif ~~

I can't recreate this, however, it may be worth posting this in the Bug Tracker forum so the developer can investigate this further.

Comment

You did put the userid and not the username (Apple) in this field, correct?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Boxy and Steve.

Yes, I used the userid (numeric).

Because after i added the userid, the user (Apple) is still able to post. Only difference, is his posts are not visible to other members.

Somehow participating members know he made a post but are not viewable.

Then they started asking in the thread... "Where is Apple's posts? Is he banned? Is it glitches?" blah blah.

And end up, Apple knows there his posts are not viewable to members. Sigh.

I am suspecting if it's the email notification which is doing this?

Also, there might be another loophole.

When Apple made a post, the thread will show "Last Post by Apple". And when members enter the thread, they realised how come Apple's post missing.
        Maybe this might be another reason why members know Apple made a post.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        http://www.quak.at/images/minikueken.gif ~~

Comment

The 'Last Post' issue is a known problem that should be fiixed in the next major release.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            The 'Last Post' issue is a known problem that should be fiixed in the next major release.
            Sorry to dig up this old thread but does 3.0.6 or 3.0.7 cover this? I can't find this in the specs for those updates.

Comment

If you look at the dates it is less then 2 weeks old.

No new release in the last 2 weeks.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Working...
              X