Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angelicGrace
    replied
    turned out that users who were listed in a particular user group were turned off and those in mulitpul usergroups had conflicting premissions. The secondary premissions were blocking the veiwage of the siggys.

We still don't have a clue how the premissions got changed to not viewable for sigs in the first place, but the problem is all resolved so we realy don't care. lol

Leave a comment:

• safiel
    replied
    What was the resolution?

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    replied
    Problem solved. All fixed now. thanks for all the help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Supposedly you have already done both as per my suggestion in post #6.

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    replied
    When removing hacks, would that include template edits or just file modifications?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    replied
    Steve i finialy had the chance and the lack of activity on the site to do as you suggested. I swapped all the non-image files and there is still no change. Some sigs are there, others aren't. The peoples who's siggs won't show are also missing their siggy editor still.

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    replied
    ok since my last post i figured out the avatar and title thing, the premissions were wonked. not sure hwo that happened, but they weren't they way they were set. However sigs still arent showing. though i have not tried swapping out the files as Steve suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    replied
    Show sig is checked by defalt in my admincp.

Since I made my first post other things have been noticed, some by the members that are missing their sigs others by members who have there sigs and their siggy editors.

the following quote is from a pm i recieved from a member this morning
    when I go into my user cp to change my av the option to upload my owns well kinda gone. But if I want I can use any of the premade avs we have available. Also I can't change my title via my cp I have to do it via the admin cp instead
    I don't know much about this. I have just started learning html, php, and whatnot. But if I were taking a random guess, and I very much am, I would say it shoulds like whatever file controls the user cp. But i wouldnt begin to know what is wrong with it where i correct.
    Last edited by angelicGrace; Thu 28 Apr '05, 8:52am.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    positive.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you sure you have 'Show your signature' checkd by default in your User CP?

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGT
    replied
    I too am having the same problem. I linked my signature image, and it shows up in my profile and when I do preview signature but it does not show up when I post. I have it turned on to show signatures and anything in IMG tags so I dont know whats wrong.

Leave a comment:

• angelicGrace
    started a topic Help...some sigs now showing.

Help...some sigs now showing.

Ok here is the deal. Some members who have sigs (you can see them in their profiles in the admin cp) are not showing.

They are also missing their siggy editor in their usercp.

The thing is it is not effecting everyone, just a handful of users. There is no commen link between the users. Some are admins, some are mods, and some are regular members.

Any clue what is going on?

Yes I have hacks installed as well and several template edits. A list of said can be supplied if anyone suspects they are the cause.
    Last edited by angelicGrace; Thu 28 Apr '05, 10:48am.