Persistant Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistant Error

Hey this is the error I am getting and my Users are not able to send PMs to eachother:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO pmreceipt
    	(pmid, userid, touserid, tousername, title, sendtime)
    VALUES
    	(-16746363, 1, 499, 'Obinice', 'test', 1114648422)
    mysql error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Wednesday 27th of April 2005 08:33:43 PM
    Script: http://www.teen-moods.net/forums/private.php
    Referer: http://www.teen-moods.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=499
    Username: Paprika
    IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    I've tried repairing all of the tables in the database but they all return OK. WTF. I'm tired of these DB problems I have been having over the past two months~!

Strange error. I can't imagine what was done to the database to make it produce a pmid of -16746363.

Also your private.php script is assuming there are just six fields in the pmreceipt table. I just checked the default 3.0.3 database, and there should be 8 fields - not 6. You are missing readtime and denied fields.

Have you installed any hacks? This is the only way I can see this type of error occuring.

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Strange error. I can't imagine what was done to the database to make it produce a pmid of -16746363.

Also your private.php script is assuming there are just six fields in the pmreceipt table. I just checked the default 3.0.3 database, and there should be 8 fields - not 6. You are missing readtime and denied fields.

Have you installed any hacks? This is the only way I can see this type of error occuring.

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
      Yes I have hacks installed, I would hate to loose them. If I have to I won't do it untill I move to my new server. Gosh, I have a forum dedicated to talking to the AI bot and ofcourse with any AI-Bot forum there are thousands of posts which increase the size of the database significantly but can be easily deleted because they have no value to them. Is there an efficent way to wipe out all the posts from a certain forum before exporting the database to move to a new server?

Comment

You can delete a forum and all it's posts in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I know it's not the files, which I didn't really suspect in the first place. I created a clean installation of the forum in a seperate directory and using the exsisting database. Then I tested the PM ability and got the same error!

Code:
          Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO pmreceipt
          	(pmid, userid, touserid, tousername, title, sendtime)
          VALUES
          	(-16746330, 1, 499, 'Obinice', 'testing', 1114803096)
          mysql error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Friday 29th of April 2005 03:31:36 PM
          Script: http://www.teen-moods.net/forums2/private.php
          Referer: http://www.teen-moods.net/forums2/private.php?do=newpm&u=499
          Username: Paprika
          IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xxx

Comment

The problem is the negative number for the pmid:

vB would not have created this since this should be a unsigned fieeld by default.

Check the next auto-index number for the pm table. What does it show?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Exactly how do I do that?

Using phpMyAdmin?

Comment

Yes, look at the table in phpMyAdmin and note the next auto-index number.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

After having looked at the last 30 rows of the table i believe the next auto-index number for pmid would be 4278220987

Comment

tried vB 3.0.7 ? what PHP and MySQL versions you're using ?
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well though I have an owned license which was donated to my site, my member's area access has expired and the latest version I can download is 3.0.3. I was betting to keep using this version just as many sites in the past have keept using vbulletin 2x after 3x was released. Right now I do not have the funds avalible in my paypal account to make the purchase. But I still need this fixed. As I said earlier it cannot be the files for I have tried using a fresh installation with the same database and gotten the same error.

I'm thinking it's the server atm. I am running PHP 4.3.8 & MySQL 3.23.58.
                      I am also currently looking for new host so as soon as I get that together I can say weither or not the problem is just my current host.

Comment

Help please??

Comment

PHP should be updated to 4.3.11 for bug fixes and MySQL 4.0.24 is recommended as it's at least 3x times faster than 3.23.x

for now try repairing the pmreceipt table by typing this in ssh telnet as root user

1. check database tables

mysqlcheck -s -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

ignore session and cp session table messages but copy and paste any other error messages you get or take note of those

2. repair dataabase

mysqlcheck -r -q -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

3. recheck database tables

mysqlcheck -s -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname

if you want to do one table at a time then add tablename(s) to end of commandline

i.e.

mysqlcheck -s -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname tablename1 tablename2 tablename3

mysqlcheck -r -q -u mysqlusername -p vbforumdbname tablename1 tablename2 tablename3

I strongly recommend you renew your members area access to update to Vb 3.0.7 as prior versions have security bugs which can compromise your forums.
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well I just ran the tests, even rechecked the table dispite the fact I did not get any errors, straight OKs. *sigh*

Though I understand the importance of having up-to-date software, spending the money at this very moment will not help me if it wont' fix this problem.

Comment

If this is still the case:

After having looked at the last 30 rows of the table i believe the next auto-index number for pmid would be 4278220987
                              ...then you have a serious problem. That needs to be fixced first. The only sure fire way to do this would be to delete and recreate these table:

pm
                              pmreceipt
                              pmtext

Of course this means that you will loose all your PMs. If you want to try this let me know and I'll find the queries.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X