Database Transfer without Telnet and/or SSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Those are the actual database files themselves. You will need to copy these to the correct MySQL directory for your database. You will also need to make sure these files have the appropriate permissions and ownership as per your server. You can look at other db files to see what these requirements are.

Is there something that I can to to maybe go back and get them to recreate the file in a useable format? I can't work with 300 different directory files like this... What should I be asking them for?
    Last edited by Taco John; Fri 29 Apr '05, 3:32pm.

Comment

These all go into one directory - the directory containing your vB database files. You are going to have to do this before you can do annything else.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok...

I've uploaded the file "orangema_vbulletin.tgz" to the server then. What I don't understand from this point is how to manipulate this file to unpack in into said directory.

Comment

gunzip

Comment

???

Comment

Don'ty take this the wrong way, but I strongly suggest you either get your host to do this, or hire someone strong in server skills to take care of this for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John
                Is there something that I can to to maybe go back and get them to recreate the file in a useable format? I can't work with 300 different directory files like this... What should I be asking them for?
                read section #2 of the guide i wrote at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69803 would outline the manual way to backup database, which also outlines how to get from the *.myd, *.myi, *.frm files to a working database

You'd need ssh telnet on the new server /destination server regardless to be able to get those mysql data files into the correct mysql data partition for mysql to recognise them. For that you may need root server access so need to contact your host and ask them to do this.
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi there, do these settings look ok?

I wasn't sure as the binary one under data was set as default but there is no mention in the instructions.

many thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X