Get my Members back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get my Members back

We recently moved to a dedicated server over on my forums, then people thought that the new oasis album had leaked on my site, and we got too much traffic, so the site went offline, till we could upgrade the server to fix the problem.

The server has since been upgraded, but there are a few problems.

2 of my mods can't get back into the site for some reason. They have now been able to log in as new names, but anytime they logged in on their other username, they got database errors.

This is the only 2 users I actually know about, but I am worried incase it has happened to more of my older users, and they can't get back online.

If anyone could help me asap please, as I dont wanna have users locked out.

Cheers

Watson

What is the database error they are getting?

You can always try to run a repair tables.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

how do I repair tables

And trying ot find out now, what the errors are

Comment

AdminCP->Import & Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables.

But the full error message will help more in solving this.
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Repairing them the now, will let you know as soon as I find out what the errors are. They only signed up with new usernames today, so aint had contact with them yet

Cheers

Comment

the error is this 1

And the email goes to my email inbox, which I can't access at the moment

Comment

If you can't get to your mail, then tell the user to right click on the error message page, and select "View Source" in the browser.

Post the page source on [ code] tags here.

Comment

Here is the source code from his error page mate.

Code:
                [left]<html><head><title>Bootleg Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
                <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
                <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the Bootleg database.</b><br />
                Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
                Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: 
                		SELECT access.*, forum.forumid FROM forum AS forum LEFT JOIN access AS access ON
                		(userid = 134 AND FIND_IN_SET(access.forumid, forum.parentlist))
                		WHERE NOT (ISNULL(access.forumid))

mysql error: Table 'bootleg.access' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Wednesday 27th of April 2005 03:05:12 PM
                Script: http://www.bootleg.org.uk/forums/index.php?
                Referer: http://www.bootleg.org.uk/forums/login.php
                Username: Berny
                IP Address: 80.192.2.46
                 -->

</body></html>[/left]

Comment

It looks like the "access" table is not restored from your old server.

This table is only used if there is an access mask set for the user logging in. This could explain why only a few mebers are getting this.

I would suggest you check if the table really isn't there and if you still have a backup of the access table.

Worse case scenario would be to recreate the table. But this would mean loosing all access masks previously set. I don't know if you have been using acessmasks a lot?

Comment

not 100% sure if I use access masks, it was my hosts that took the backup, so I am asking them now if the access table is in the backup.

Aint had to do nowt on me site for ages, when I hit a problem nowadays I get stumped so easily

Ok had a wee look and i now remember what access masks are.

I do have them enabled, but I can't really remember using any, I usually just create a new user group for people, so that I can add others too it, if they get same access, so that shouldnt be a problem.

I wouldnt no how to put in the new table, thought I do know how to run query's etc and stuff like that, if you could tell me code to run it

Also, there is no access table there
                    Last edited by Watson; Wed 27 Apr '05, 7:54am.

Comment

Personally i also don't like using access masks, it tends to get messy. Only if really needed for a short period i use them.

You could try the following query:
                      Code:
                      CREATE TABLE `access` (
                      `userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                      `forumid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                      `accessmask` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                      PRIMARY KEY (`userid`,`forumid`)
                      )
                      Alternatively you could try turning accessmasks off for your board, or wait for someone from official Jelsoft Support to answer in here.

Edit: How many tables you got in total? And do you have any hacks installed that add extra tables?

Comment

Regardless if you have it on or off, I do suggest to make sure you have all the tables from vbulletin in the databasre. then upgrade to 3.0.7 if you haven't already. 3.0.7 has 84 tables if i remember correctly.

Comment

Additionally, once everything works again you can merge the old user account with the new user account for those members who had to sign up again.

Don;t forget to run update counters to rebuild broken profiles too.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
                            Personally i also don't like using access masks, it tends to get messy. Only if really needed for a short period i use them.

You could try the following query:
                            Code:
                            CREATE TABLE `access` (
                            `userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                            `forumid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                            `accessmask` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
                            PRIMARY KEY (`userid`,`forumid`)
                            )
                            Alternatively you could try turning accessmasks off for your board, or wait for someone from official Jelsoft Support to answer in here.

Edit: How many tables you got in total? And do you have any hacks installed that add extra tables?
                            That query worked superb. Cheers for that mate, Superb work there

Many thanks

Floris, was going to update last week, but my forums were down for 5 days due to a server upgrade, and didnt wanna update them cause I didnt want any more downtime, I did edit some of the files though for secutiry reasons of course.

prolly waiting for the big 3.1 release, cause I have quite alot of hacks on the forums

Comment

I would still check the number of tables you got to see if you are not missing more.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X