No announcement yet.

Parsing LaTeX, where to put the code??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsing LaTeX, where to put the code??

Hello,

I am trying to add Latex to my math forum. I need to call the code below so that when people post with [tex] [/tex] it will render mathmatical equations.

include_once('/full_path_here_to/latexrender/latex.php');
    $latextext=latex_content($latextext);

I just don't know in what php file or where to place the code. I tried putting it under the // end smilies in functions_bbcode but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Custom BB codes cannot use PHP code in the parsing. That would require modifying the files or moving your PHP functionality into the BB code replacement if possible. For help with modifying the files I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Hello,

I am not quite sure what you mean. I have tried to post in vbulletin.org but have had no success.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks

Comment

You are trying to use PHP code to parse your BB code. That will not work... it requires custom code.

Comment

Do I need to use bb code? I want to parse each post with LaTeX math editor. This converts [tex] [/tex] tags into math symbols.

Comment

Plain BB code will not work because you want to parse it with that PHP file.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              Custom BB codes cannot use PHP code in the parsing. That would require modifying the files or moving your PHP functionality into the BB code replacement if possible.
              Do you know what files need to be modified or how to move the PHP functionality?

I really appreciate any help

David

Comment

The place to get help with file modifications is at www.vbulletin.org. If you are not having success, then you may need to offer to pay someone to do this for you. You can do that in the Service Requests forum there.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

somebody gave me this tip:

"it's fairly easy just to mod the functions_bbcode.php file using something like the [php] code as a template (you'll need to call a function from preg_replace)."

but I don't know where to go from there...

Comment

Originally posted by rvsmartest
                    but I don't know where to go from there...
                    Hmmm....

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    The place to get help with file modifications is at www.vbulletin.org.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X