Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyA
    replied
    Oops, done that now. The backup is from 20th April.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please update your support ticket. Also how old was this backup and is it from the same version as you are now running?

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    Well my database is supposedly restored with an earlier backup (before portal install), but I still get the following.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience
    I'm happy to do away with the portal but I'd like to keep my forum layout, how would I re-install to achieve this and pick up the existing restored database ?

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    Thanks, he's trying to restore and earlier backup now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I just checked your support ticket and your host has not restored your DB. There's nothing we can do untill they do this.

Leave a comment:

• chaeberle
    replied
    Dont run optimize. Run repair.

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    This was the result after I ran 'optimise' in cPanel.

http://www.zen66311.zen.co.uk/SQL%20result%20-.htm

Leave a comment:

• chaeberle
    replied
    If the attachment table is corrupted, and they've suspended your database, then THEY have to run the tool to fix the attachment table.

If they re-enable your database, then you can run a similar utility yourself from Admin CP - Import & Maintenance - Repair / Optimize Tables

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    The latest from Web host support chatKevin: i have figured out the problem that you are facing

User: oh, what is it

Kevin: your database is corrupted and that is why it is causing problems

Kevin: in fact one table is corrupted

Kevin: named attachment

User: ok, how did it get corrupted, is it fixable Kevin ?

Kevin: this is what is causing this problem

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyA
    I've just had a look in phpmyadmin and see the following (see attached), is this because they have suspended the database ?
    That error is probably because the host suspended your account.

To be honest, it strikes me that a hosting provider isn't able to run a small to medium web site. Perhaps you should reconsider your hosting provider.

A 30mb database won't be below 1 kb, not even in text form or zipped up. make sure all your data is still in the database, and that you aren't just dumping the structure, but also the data.

And no, please don't attach your sql dump here, it has the usernames, emails and passwords and all the private forum data in it - I am sure your customers or forum members wouldnt appriciate the privacy breach.

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    my host just re-enabled my database for a while but it caused them problems so they disabled it again, they have given me a backup to optimise but it's a tiny file of 964 bytes. (I thought it should be 20-30 megs in size but they say it's much smaller in text form?).

I have to get it optimised before they will re-enable it. Can I attach the file here ?

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    I've just had a look in phpmyadmin and see the following (see attached), is this because they have suspended the database ?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    Thanks Scott,

I've just emailed them with the info, I'm not too hopefull of getting a quick response unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Its possible that another application is unoptimized.

They should be able to give you the queries causing the problems, ask them to run SHOW PROCESSLIST;

as root when it gets busy and it will tell you whats causing the problem. Also mysql queries can't kill apache, thats factually wrong.

Leave a comment:

• AndyA
    replied
    The forums only have 93 members, not that busy. I've filled out the support ticket.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment: