Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiceman
    replied
    Yea if that way is fine then i would prefer to set a username and password than disable my forums through admin cp.

Because i have quite a few staff on my team and i want them and others e.g. my friends to see the forums and help me test the new mods and templates and it is much easier having a global username and password rather than giving everyone admin cp rights..

Leave a comment:

• brisk_99
    replied
    Originally posted by paulius
    I also wanted to do that so I contacted vBulletin's custommer support.

They told to use the "Disable Forums" feature in the adminCP.

Then, your forum won't be visible to anyone unless you login from your AdminCP. So, go directly to the URL of your AdminCP and then you'll be able to go back to your forums and view them same as if they would be enabled!

Have fun!
    I have often wondered myself if that would be acceptable because to me it would be much easier to just leave the forums disabled in the admincp. I would think that would be ok considering they won’t be accessible by the public if they were disabled that way.

Leave a comment:

• paulius
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiceman
    Ahh ok, so is this how vbulletin want us to do it? Or just a way of doing it?
    I also wanted to do that so I contacted vBulletin's custommer support.

They told to use the "Disable Forums" feature in the adminCP.

Then, your forum won't be visible to anyone unless you login from your AdminCP. So, go directly to the URL of your AdminCP and then you'll be able to go back to your forums and view them same as if they would be enabled!

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That way is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Spiceman
    replied
    Ahh ok, so is this how vbulletin want us to do it? Or just a way of doing it?

Leave a comment:

• ravenstarr
    replied
    If you have access to a cpanel, you should have a function there to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Spiceman
    started a topic Password protect testvb dir..

Password protect testvb dir..

I read in the license agreement that after making the testvb directory so that i can test vb mods and templates i need to password protect the folder so that it is not accessible for public viewing...
    How do i do this?

Thanks
    Spice