Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking thread notifications in private forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking thread notifications in private forum?

The system may do this by default, but I would like clarification just in case.

Similar to this thread about removing a member's access to a private forum, but the other direction: moving their threads TO a private forum.

If we move a thread off the main (public) board into a private admin-only area, and regular members have subscribed to that thread prior to the move, will they continue to get the (for example) daily updates of all posts added to it once it is moved?
    L'chaim

In the Usermanager, click on the person's profile- and the "Quick User Link's" drop down at the top has a "Delete Subscriptions" option.

*Edit- I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question. I just did a test on that, and the person did NOT get the subscription notification once the post was moved to an admin only area.
    Last edited by Michele3; Sun 24 Apr '05, 5:46pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele3
      In the Usermanager, click on the person's profile- and the "Quick User Link's" drop down at the top has a "Delete Subscriptions" option.
      I appreciate the followup, but this is not an option.

Example: Thread with 250 responses, 175 members posting on it and countless non-posting members who have subscribed to it.

Mods move it off the board for <name a problem> and begin quoting/discussing it. Noting that mods don't have access to delete subscriptions.

I am concerned (and after 5 years, don't know WHY I am just NOW coming up with this!) that these conversations are being emailed to who knows who.

L'chaim

Comment

I gotcha- and I edited my post too!

Like I said, I did a test and the person did NOT receive a new mail notification. But if it were me, I'd have to do a lot more testing to be sure.

Comment

Working...
        X