Forum Display Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Display Order

Say I have a "General Debate Forum" which is inactive and in that forum are some active forums:

Science
    Philosophy
    Politics

How do I add another forum and place where I want it to be. I only see an option to make the new forum the last one. How can I do this?

Science
    New Forum
    Philosophy
    Politics

Do you mean

General Debate Forum (whatever number
    - Science (1)
    - New Forum (2)
    - Philosophy (3)
    - Politics (4)

* The number is what u put for the display order

If you want to add a new forum under General Debate Forum.

Go to your Forums & Moderators, Forum Manager

Go to your General Debate Forum where the Controls of the Edit forum scroll down and you will see a Add Child Forum

Once you click that it will open a new open enter all the black entries are you are done.

Cheers,
    Tommy
    Last edited by tommyng; Sun 24 Apr '05, 11:21am.
    Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Thank you, but I'm not talking about subforums. Changing numbers as you suggested puts the new forum in another forum. Let's say my General Debate forum is number (2) forum and in that forum are:

Science
      Philosophy
      Politics

My only option to keep a new forum in that forum is to make it a number (2) and it is placed at the bottom of the forum. I am asking how I can add a new forum to my number (2) forum and put it somewhere other than the bottom of the forum.

Comment

Sorry but I don't get what you are trying to say? Mind rephrasing your sentence?
        Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Tommy's got it right- I think you don't understand the numbers. Whatever number you put after a forum that is on the same level is going to determine where it is when it's listed. So if you number it exactly like he said, your new forum would be #2.

That IS- IF- as you said- your General Debates is the parent of the other 4 forums.

So you have:

Bla bla forum 1
          ---sub forum 1
          ---sub forum 2

Bla bla bla forum 2
          ---sub forum 1

GENERAL 3
          ---politics 1
          ---religion 2
          ---new forum 3
          ---whatever 4
          Last edited by Michele3; Sun 24 Apr '05, 5:57pm.

Comment

Thank you I finally got this to work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X