Force members to login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force members to login

How do I force my forum members to login to my site before they can view anything ? I've looked through the admin settings but haven't spotted the settings so far.

Thanks
    Andy

Go to your Usergroup Manager

Edit the Unregistered / Not Logged In Usergroup

Under that edit the setting of

Can View Forum / Can View Others' Threads

For Can View Forum it only allows the user the view the section avaliable but no threads will be display. IF you off it it would only show a login page instead of the section avaliable.

My advise is that you on it but off the Can View Others' Threads so that members can know what the section avaliable at the same time allows search engine to index your section categories.

Cheers,
    Tommy Ng
    Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

That's great thanks, the second instruction didn't work for some reason as I could still see the forum and threads when logged out, odd !

My advise is that you on it but off the Can View Others' Threads so that members can know what the section avaliable at the same time allows search engine to index your section categories.

Comment

You should not be able if you off Can View Others' Threads.

Did you go into the forum section and try viewing? After logging out?

Comment

I've tried several times, deleted my browsers offline files, logged out etc etc but I can still view all threads.

Comment

What's your web address ?

Comment

www.throttlejockey.co.uk

Comment

Go to your Usergroup under the Forum Permission make sure that all the other forum setting are set to default.

Comment

Working...
                X