Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table handler errors

Hello,

we started getting these table handler errors 12 alot, not all the time, but just now then. this is a FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE O/S, w/MySQL 4.0.24 installed.

Was wonder if anyone may have some insight on how to remedy this type of error or if this is a common problem on this O/S. We run repairs, optimized serveral times on the db tables, but yet we still get the table handler error 12, allocation of memory.

we have vBullentin version 3.0.5 with all the newest/recent patches installed.

TIA,
    Mickalo
    Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
    Providing Personal/Business
    Internet Solutions that work!

System error: 12 = Cannot allocate memory

I suggest contacting your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      System error: 12 = Cannot allocate memory

I suggest contacting your host about this.
      thanks, I do know what the error is, and this is one of our clients which I don't have full access to their server. I though that maybe this maybe prone to the type of setup they have on the server, but their tech people aren't much help. I'm sure some tweaks in the my.cnf file may help.

But what I did, to eliminate the problem right now so the forum was accessible,(as these are both HEAP table types), is change them to MyISAM table types which corrected the problem for now. These are the cpsession and session tables.

Hopefully this won't cause any further problems.

thx's
      Mickalo
      Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
      Providing Personal/Business
      Internet Solutions that work!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X