Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I... change to topics of sub-messages while dividing the theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I... change to topics of sub-messages while dividing the theme?

How do I... change to topics of sub-messages while dividing the theme?

Here is the point.
    We have topic with 200 messages, topic name "topic 1".
    Now we want to separate 100 messages from it to another topic, topic name "topic 2".
    It all works as the charm.
    Except the couple of boring things:-( really boring.
    Though "topic 2" topic have name "topic 2" It doesn't affect "sub-messages", we mean messages in this topic. It's everythere "reply: topic 1". Ok. It's only small half of problem. If someone push "reply" in this topic to somebody message, then topic of his reply message will be "reply: topic 2". Which is very boring:-(
    If we separate another topic, it looks reasonable to change name of topic inside this. Let's guess rude example. Topic started "cars", and half of messages were about "dogs". We will separate messages about "dogs" to new topic, but will have messages in this topic named as "Re: cars"... and even worse ... any reply will go as "Re: cars"
    Diggint out long time, but can't find there we can change not only "first name" but also in all responses.
    Point us in right direction guys:-) Please.

There is no easy way to change that. You might consider disabling this option to remove automatic post subjects:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Automatically Quote Post / Thread Title

Comment