This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover a lost DB ($500 offer)

I dropped our database of 5 years (+10GB) by mistake, through phpmyadmin I wanted to drop the bbcode table after I checked it, but then I hit the delete button on the top instead and that dropped the entire DB!
    Now, even worse I couldnt find a backup anywhere. Even our host rackspace didnt have any backup!
    If anybody knows a way to recover lost mysql data without backup we're offering $500 for the job.
    I gave up on rackspace, they're not being helpful with this.

Unfortunately if you don't have a backup I think your database is gone for good.

Comment

I did that once and I was able to recover my database using GetDataBack (i was hosted on a WIndows server and the DB wasn't that big).

You can try using a recovery application for linux...
      ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

thanks julianD, I found a free recovery tool for linux but then again rackspace dont want to perform this job either!
        http://www.data-recovery-software.ne...Recovery.shtml

whats the best way to run this from my side?
        I'm assuming FTP and run it from the shell, but want to make sure first!

Comment

any takers?

Comment

Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918

You can try posting in the Service Requests forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X