Nav Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Bar

Is there a way to remove or comment out the NavBar JUST in the home / main page? If so, how can I do this?

The navbar template is used throughout the site. I guess you could edit the FORUMHOME template and replace the navbar section with your own custom code.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's what I thought. I simply wnat to delete the nav bar on the home page. What piece of code would I comment out on the FORUMHOME template? I tried commenting out $nav but that just screwed up the entire page...

Comment

I just tested this by removing $navbar from the FORUMHOME template. No problems for me.

Of course if you do this, people will not be able to login from your forum home page.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by nnowakow
          That's what I thought. I simply wnat to delete the nav bar on the home page. What piece of code would I comment out on the FORUMHOME template? I tried commenting out $nav but that just screwed up the entire page...
          Remove this code:

Code:
          $navbar
          Comment tags won't work because the navbar template itself contains comments, and comments do not nest well.

Comment

ahhh..beauty...thanks.

Comment

Or you could even use a template conditional in the navbar tenplate thus:

Assuming your forum root is called "index" place this in your navbar template;

<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'index'"><br/></else>
              John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X