How do I alternate quote box color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I alternate quote box color?

I use alternating post colors, I know that using the main CSS for a certain template to change the alt2 color sets the quote box to that color. But on the even reply posts, if someone quotes, the color of the quote box is the same color as the post itself. Example:

http://www.forums.paraplanet.com/showthread.php?t=25

See the third post down? I would like the box to be the lighter of the two colors. The sixth post down is the effect I am looking for. That is what I mean...

So what I am wondering is, how to make the quote box alternate color to the post it is in. If it is a quote in a post that is using alt1 color, I would like the quote box to use the alt2 color, and if it is a quote in a post using alt2 color, I would like the quote box to use the alt1 color.

Am I missing something simple here? Please help!

does anyone know how to help me on this?

Comment

I am going to bump this one last time in hopes for some help.

Comment

okay here is what I have in my bbcode_quote template:

Code:
        <div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; <if condition="$show['iewidthfix']">width: 100%;</if>">
        <div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">$vbphrase[quote]:</div>
        <table cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">
        <tr>
        <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">
        <if condition="$show['username']">
        	<div><phrase 1="$username">$vbphrase[originally_posted_by_x]</phrase></div>
        	<div style="font-style:italic">$message</div>
        <else />
        	$message
        </if>
        </td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        </div>
        I have nearly no coding skill though. What do I need to add/change to get it to alternate between alt1 color and alt2 color, to be the opposite color of the post it is in?

Comment

for anybody wondering, problem has been soved, solution is in this thread at vBulletin.org:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...936#post644936

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X