• Show
Clear All

• Dragon925
    replied
    Having a similar issue:

I did the CHMOD to 777
    I uploaded the images OK

but I get a red X

also how do you change the size for the smilies? (is there a size restriction?)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    I can access it by clicking www or public_html. The it reads... images/avatars. I changed that directory to 777. The same as my smilies directory.

Does this help?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Which direcotry are you using exactly?

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    Yup... that's what I did. I went into my cpanel and then to the file list where I found the avatar directory and changed it to 777. Not sure why it won't accept that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You have to chmod the directory you are uploading these to, to 777.

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    I received this same error message while trying to upload avatars. So... I assumed I would simply have to change what I changed for the smilies. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Is there a different way of doing this for avatar uploading?

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    Thank you . . . that got me to the right place!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    cpanel docs http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cp/fileManager.htm under changing file/folder permissions http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cp/changi...ermissions.htm

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    Thanks . . . unfortunately, I don't know where to make these changes. I have cpanel for my website as well as vBulletin's cpanel for the forum; but I don't know where to go to make these changes.

Yup . . . I'm a rookie and I use Front Page almost exclusively when it comes to my websites. So . . . I still don't know how to change this.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    You want to change the directory from images/smilies? I think this is hard-coded.

If you need to CHMOD your images/smilies directory to 0777, you need an FTP client or SSH/Telnet into your account and make this change.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    chmod is done via your ftp client i.e. cuteftp etc

Leave a comment:

• abaku
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You need to chmod the images/smilies directory to 777. From the Admin CP:

Smilie File Path
    This file path should be readable AND writeable by your web server (usually chmod 0777)
    Hello . . .

Where in the Control Panel is this function performed. I have found where to upload smilies, but not where to change this directory.

Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Wrestling-Freek
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol

Smilie File Path
    This file path should be readable AND writeable by your web server (usually chmod 0777)
    Ah. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied

Smilie File Path

Leave a comment:

Working...
X