X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilie Upload ERROR?

When I try to 'Upload Smilie', I get the following error message:

Warning
    : copy(./images/smilies/smilienamehere.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /admincp/image.php on line 444

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks...

You need to chmod the images/smilies directory to 777. From the Admin CP:

Smilie File Path
    This file path should be readable AND writeable by your web server (usually chmod 0777)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol

Smilie File Path
      This file path should be readable AND writeable by your web server (usually chmod 0777)
      Ah. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol

Smilie File Path
        Hello . . .

Where in the Control Panel is this function performed. I have found where to upload smilies, but not where to change this directory.

Thank you for your help.
        You can accomplish anything if it means everything to you.

Comment

chmod is done via your ftp client i.e. cuteftp etc
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

You want to change the directory from images/smilies? I think this is hard-coded.

If you need to CHMOD your images/smilies directory to 0777, you need an FTP client or SSH/Telnet into your account and make this change.

Comment

Thanks . . . unfortunately, I don't know where to make these changes. I have cpanel for my website as well as vBulletin's cpanel for the forum; but I don't know where to go to make these changes.

Yup . . . I'm a rookie and I use Front Page almost exclusively when it comes to my websites. So . . . I still don't know how to change this.

Comment

cpanel docs http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cp/fileManager.htm under changing file/folder permissions http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cp/changi...ermissions.htm
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you . . . that got me to the right place!

Comment

I received this same error message while trying to upload avatars. So... I assumed I would simply have to change what I changed for the smilies. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Is there a different way of doing this for avatar uploading?

Comment

You have to chmod the directory you are uploading these to, to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yup... that's what I did. I went into my cpanel and then to the file list where I found the avatar directory and changed it to 777. Not sure why it won't accept that.

Comment

Which direcotry are you using exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I can access it by clicking www or public_html. The it reads... images/avatars. I changed that directory to 777. The same as my smilies directory.

Does this help?

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X